With our One Year Wedding Anniversary just around the corner I thought I'd make a few posts about the wedding...that I didn't post before. This post is going to be about our playlist for the ceremony.
Ceremony Music
My Best Friend by Tim McGraw
Love is a Beautiful Thing by Phil Vassar
Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk
Me and You by Kenny Chesney
Amazed by Lonestar
You Save Me by Kenny Chesney
When You Love Someone by The Obscure
East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed
Livin' Our Love Song by Jason Michael Carroll
We had a slideshow at the beginning of our wedding starting off with pictures of us growing up and then pictures of us together during our high school years and then eventually into engagement pictures. I hope to one day get that uploaded so you guys can view it.
My Best Friend by Tim McGraw played during the entire slideshow. Immediately after the slideshow Love is a Beautiful Thing by Phil Vassar.
As soon as the words started the pastor, groom, & groomsmen walked out. When the chorus started the bridesmaids walked out and the song finished playing.
Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk then started and when the words started the doors opened and my father walked me down the isle.
Feels Like Home continued playing quietly in the background...We had background music thru the entire ceremony. Once they announced Husband & Wife the audio guy skipped straight to East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed. That's what were all smiling about in the photo..the song came on and the crowd starting laughing...haha
We also added an extra song at the end for any straglers we may have..
Well hope that gives you guys some ideas for wedding ceremony playlists. I was not a traditional bride and did not want the traditional song walking down the isle. EVERYONE that I talked to LOVED that our wedding was SO UNtraditional. They all loved that song and felt it was so much more personal and emotional then the boring wedding march song. It's an amazing song and I've always known that I would walk down the isle to that song...I fell in love with it years ago. Everyone should download it...it's amazing. The funny thing is out of any of the songs (even the songs we danced to) the one JC says reminds him most of the wedding is Love is a Beautiful Thing by Phil Vassar. When it comes on the radio he actually turns up the volume and sings along... 3 months before the wedding when I told him that I would be using that song in our wedding somewhere he told me he hated Phil Vassar and did not like that song or any other song he sang. It was just SO PERFECT for our wedding day...I'm so happy he loves it now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment